You can check this in the profile in your dashboard.
Scenario A: If you are using our SDK or API docs, transactions that were sent for authentication will show up under MPI transactions.
- If a transaction has an ECI value, it means it got 3D Secure protection. To double check this, click on the individual transaction and check whether there's also data next to the CAVV and XID fields.
- If a transaction does not have an ECI value, it means that it didn't get 3D Secure protection. This can happen for a number of reasons (errors).
- If a transaction does not appear under MPI transactions, this can mean 1 of 2 things:
- The transaction was not done with a Visa or MasterCard.
- The transaction required consumer authentication.
Scenario B) If you are using one of our checkout plugins (Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, OpenCart), ALL transactions will appear under Standalone transactions.
- If you see "Yes" under the "3D Secure" column, then the transaction was authenticated with 3D Secure.
- If you see "Skipped" under the "3D Secure" column, then even though the transaction was a Visa or a MasterCard, it couldn't get 3D Secure protection (either because consumer authentication was required, or because there was something incorrect with the data submitted).
- If you see "No" under the "3D Secure" column, then the transaction was done with a card other than Visa or MasterCard, so it was never sent for 3D Secure authentication to start with.